Matchbox are experts in IoT integration, custom apps and cloud services, working with businesses who are technologically driven and who are solving difficult technological challenges. We provide research, prototyping, design, development and support, in a work environment that is supportive and inspiring.
We recruit individuals based on technical and creative prowess, and their attitude and approach – not on academic achievements, or a history of coveted positions with high-profile companies.
Top 10 reasons to join us at Matchbox:
- A competitive salary with a bi-annual bonus scheme.
- Standing desks, if you like. Nice chairs also available.
- Working with supportive, creative and clever people.
- Flexible working time based around core hours, 35 hrs a week.
- Active involvement in R&D and options for training and events.
- Opportunities and encouragement to play with new technology.
- A range of clients, and projects that can last from 2-12 months (and longer.)
- Fun and friendly environment in the middle of Brighton, 5 mins from the beach.
- Single origin coffee beans ground in-house throughout the day for the perfect brew.
- The famous Matchbox Garage Gym! If you want to stretch out to do some yoga or pump some iron, we have just the place.
These are the core activities you’ll be doing day to-day, so the more you’re comfortable with, the better. However, please don’t fall down the confidence gap! We will happily provide training and support for you to learn or improve skills in any area -- you don’t need to tick them all off to apply. That said, this role would not be suitable for those entirely new to mobile design.Often:
- Designing easy, enjoyable UI and UX for iOS and Android apps (and other platforms)
- Creating and presenting IA, wires, visuals and assets, using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools
- Collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams and clients to explain our design thinking and ensure it is implemented beautifully
- Inventing and improving voice interactions
- Prototyping designs to better demonstrate UX concepts and user journeys
- Supplying effort estimates and review sales documents
- Illustrating, photographing or animating artwork for our website and other promotional materials
- Contributing to the filming and editing of promotional and project videos
- Researching and discussing new design techniques and processes with the Creative Team
We'd like to work with people who have excellent visual, written, and spoken communication skills. Matchbox team members need to be organised, pragmatic, and able to prioritise. In addition, you'll need to take pride in your work and be able to explain your design decisions clearly. You and the team will not be afraid to give each other honest opinions, but are also willing to listen and respect others' ideas and points of view. You enjoy learning, especially where it solves an 'impossible' problem.
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. If you're interested in the role, we're interested in you! Please email your CV to James at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and if you’re able to link to any samples of your work, that’d be great.
We never accept solicitations by recruiters, recruiting agencies, head-hunters or outsourcing organisations. If you are reading this on any website that isn’t matchboxmobile.com, please visit us there before applying, to make sure you are reading the most up-to-date version of this advert.